Monday, February 1, 2010

Wool Hats and Handspun

I especially enjoy knitting hats, top down, bottom up and sideways.

Hats are eminently useful. Here in the great white north (to be known in the future as GWN). They keep your head and ears warm and show off the beautiful yarn at all times. I recently knit one out of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Medium weight, I believe the colorway was Walking on the Wild Tide. In plain stockinette the colors just look fabulous. I wore it to drop my daughter of at school today and got a wonderful compliment from one of the other moms.

So in light of these compliments I am working on another hat-Selbu Modern- out of some gorgeous blue and green handspun from Kate,( you can see her gorgeous work here), this is a picture of the sweater she knit with the same yarn.


My own pictures will be coming soon, maybe tommorrow afternoon if we get some good light for picture taking.



In the mean time, what are you knitting? What do you knit most of?

No comments: